STONE BASKETS AND MATTRESSES
Advantages of stone baskets and mattresses:
• Flexible: Double-twisted hexagonal steel wire mesh structure tolerates against huge forces without breaking or cracking. It adapts itself to some degree of movement.
• Durable: Galvanized wire mesh has very long life. If the galvanized wire coated with PVC, the life of structure gets longer. Better for hydraulic works.
• Permeable: The hexagonal wire mesh structure filled with stones provide an effective permeability throughout the structure, they are self-draining.
• Economy: Gabion and mattress structures are very economical compared to the conventional structures especially when the stones to fill the structure are close to the work area. Low maintenance is required for the construction works (Life Time Economy).
• Strength: It can absorb the huge amount of energy and very strong under tension generated by the nature. Well-made gabion structures can exist in perfect condition for many decades.
Stone baskets (boxes) are structures which shall be made of hexagonal galvanized/PVC/alu-zinc coated double-twisted mild steel wire mesh. Stone baskets shall be supplied in various lengths, widths and heights. For sizes & tolerances of dimensions (length x width x height), see table. For mesh opening tolerances in order to strengthen the baskets, all the edges of structure selvedged with wire of greater diameter. Usually stone baskets which have bigger length than 2m is divided into cells by panels positioned per 1 meter. The wire mesh used in stone baskets strictly conforms to EN10223-3 and gabions also meet the requirements of ASTM A975-97.
|Lenght (a) m||Width (c) m||Height (b) m||Capacity m³|
|Lenght (a) m||Width (c) m||Lenght (b) m||Capacity m³|